|CGPSC State Service Exam Selection Process Details|
Selection Process :
The combined competitive examination comprises following successive stages:
1)Preliminary Examination :
The State Services Preliminary Examination for selection of candidates for Main Examination.
2)Main Examination :
State Services Main Examination (Written Examination and Interview) for final selection of candidates for the various categories of services and post.
1. Preliminary Examination – (Objective Type) :
In the Preliminary Examinations there will be 2 compulsory papers of 02 hours duration each. Both the question papers will have objective type multiple choice questions, five choices of answers for each question out of which one is to be selected. There will be negative marking for wrong answer.
First Question Paper :
General Studies (Question 100, Marks 200, Duration 2.00 Hours). 02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 01 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Marks obtained = 2R-W (where R stands for number of right answers and W stands for number of wrong answers).
Second Question Paper :
Aptitude Test (Question 100, Marks 200, Duration 2.00 Hours) 02 marks will be awarded for each right answer and 01 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Marks obtained = 2R-W (where R stands for number of right answers and W stands for number of wrong answers.)
Minimum Qualifying Marks :
In each Question paper essential qualifying marks for unreserved category will be 33%, and 23% for reserved categories and handicapped candidates.Candidates will be short listed for main examination on the basis of merit.
2. Main Examination and Interview :
Written Examination (Conventional Type) Grand Total 1550 Marks.
1) Question papers for Main Examination will be of Conventional nature i.e.: Short/ Medium/ Long answers Type.
2) Candidates short listed for the Main Examination on the basis of Preliminary Examination (Screening Test) must appear for all the seven papers in Main Examination. Candidates selected for the Interview on the basis of Main Examination must appear in the Interview. Absence in any paper of Main Examination and Interview will be liable for disqualification.
3) Paper-I (Language), Paper-II (Essay), Paper-III (History, Constitution and Public Administration), Paper-IV (Science, Technology and Environment), Paper-V (Economics & Geography), Paper-VI (Mathematics & Logical Ability), Paper-VII (Philosophy & Sociology) each paper will be carry 200 marks (i.e. 1400 marks).
4) Interview/ Personality Test will be carry 150 marks.
|CGPSC State Service Exam Eligibility Criteria|
|CGPSC State Service Exam Pattern|
|CGPSC State Service Exam Syllabus|