|Andaman & Nikobar Police Constable Selection Process Details|
Selection Procedure :
Andaman and Nicobar Police Constable(Driver) selection process will consists of Physical Endurance Test, Written Test, Trade Test and Interview.
Physical Endurance Test :
All those candidates who qualify physical measurement shall undergo physical endurance test which contains the events such as High Jump, Long Jump and Race. Candidates have to qualify in each event of physical endurance test seperately.
Important Note :
Departmental candidates who apply against the reserved quota are not required to undergo the process of physical measurement and physical endurance tests. In addition , the Departmental candidates can also apply as an open candidates (subject to NOC from the department) in which case they will not be given the above relaxation. They will have to appear for physical measurement and physical endurance tests, written examination, trade test and interview prescribed for other candidates. A seperate merit list shall be prepared for departmental candidates against the reserved vacancies.
Written Test :
Written test will be conducted for 60 marks. All those candidates who qualify the Physical Measurement and Endurance Tests shall be put through a written examination of 60 marks. A question paper covering General Knowledge, Simple Arithmetic and English language. The paper will be set in both Hindi and English and the candidate may chose to answer either in Hindi or English. The minimum qualifying marks in the written test will be 30%. All the candidates who obtain 30% marks in the written test will be called for Trade Test.
Trade Test :
The candidates who qualify in the written test will be required to qualify in the trade test of 25 marks, which will include :
1) Parking, Reserving, Garaging: 07 marks
2) Road Test – 06 marks
3) Traffic Rules & Signs – 06 marks
4) Motor Mechanism & Maintenance-06 marks
Only those candidates who obtain 30% or more marks in the trade test will be considered qualified in trade test.
Interview / Personality Test :
The candidates who qualify in the trade test will be called for an Interview/ personality test. Interview will carry 10 marks. The candidates will judge on overall personality, aptitude, attitude, general awareness and suitability for the job by selection board.
Marks for achievement in NCC/ Sports :
05 marks at the maximum will be awarded for achievement in NCC and/ or Sports at the time of tabulation of result as per the scale given below.
1) NCC ‘C’ certification-2 marks
2) NCC ‘B’ Certificate-1 mark
3) Gold Medal at National Level in Sports-3 marks
4) Silver Medal at National Level in Sports-2.5 marks
5) Bronze medal at National Level in Sports-2 marks
6) Gold Medal at State Level in Sports-2 marks
7) Silver Medal at State Level in Sports-1.5 marks
8) Bronze medal at State Level in Sports-1 mark
The final list of the successful candidates based on aggregate of 100 marks will be finalized soon after conclusion of the interview and the list of selected candidates shall be declared depending on the number of notified/ existing vacancies.
Medical Standards :
Successful candidates shall be subjected to medical examination as given below:
1) Minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction ie without wearing of glasses. The candidate should not be Colour Blindness.
2) The caniddate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein, squint eyes, bow legs, inability to flex the fingers properly or any other obvious deformities.
3) The candidate must be in good mental and physical health and free from any physical defects likely to interfere with the efficient performance of police duties.
|Andaman and Nicobar Police Constable Eligibility Criteria|
|Andaman and Nicobar Police Constable Exam Pattern|